Raymond J. Dragon, MBA, MSc, CPVA, ASA
Raymond J Dragon ASA is the Director of Business and Intellectual Property Valuation at Anchin, Block & Anchin. He is an Accredited Senior Appraiser with over 25 years of experience in valuation, corporate finance, forensic accounting and expert testimony. Ray has performed valuations of business interests for litigation, martial dissolution, estate and gift planning and shareholder disputes. He has also valued complex securities, stock options, and intellectual property such as tradenames, brands, customer relationships, patents, and technology. Ray earned his B.A. with high honors from Lehigh University, his MBA in finance from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, and a Master of Science in financial economics from the University of London. He is also a Certified Patent Valuation Analyst (CPVA). Mr. Dragon has the unique distinction of having served as President of both the New York City and Northern New Jersey ASA Chapters.
Business Valuation Services:
• Marital Dissolution – Business valuation, forensic accounting, personal cash flow analysis and lifestyle analysis.
• Financial Reporting - FAS 141 purchase price allocations, FAS 142 goodwill impairment testing, FAS 157 fair value analysis, and fresh start accounting.
• Litigation Support – Business valuation for oppressed shareholder disputes and partnership disputes. Review and critique of opposing expert’s valuation reports.
• Estate and gift planning - Valuation of family limited partnerships and determination of discounts for lack of control and lack of marketability for minority interests.
• Mergers & Acquisitions – Acquisition valuation. Advisory services regarding due diligence, transaction structuring and negotiation of acquisition agreements.
• Transfer Pricing – Transfer pricing analyses under Section 482 of the IRS code.
• J. L. Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University - Master of Business Administration with a concentration in finance. Dean^s List.
• University of London - Master of Science in Financial Economics.
• Lehigh University - Bachelor of Arts with high honors in international relations. Dean^s List. Aurie N. Dunlap Prize in International Relations.
• American Society of Appraisers - Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) in Business Valuation.
• Certified Patent Valuation Analyst
• Over 20 years experience in financial analysis, business valuation, M&A and litigation support.
• Experience derived from positions in Big 4 accounting, investment banking, corporate development, and management consulting.