Mr. Basil M. Karatzas, ASA
Machinery & Technical Specialties
Karatzas Marine Advisors & Co.
1 World Financial Ctr Fl 23
New York, NY 10281-1003
+1 (212) 380-3700
Basil M Karatzas
Founder and CEO of Karatzas Marine Advisors & Co.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (UK)
- Certified Marine Surveyor (CMS - NAMS)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV - AICPA)
- Member of the Baltic Exchange (UK)
- Member of BIMCO (Denmark)
- Member of the Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House) in the UK
- Member of the Harvard Club in New York
- Harvard Business School (HBS) alumnus.
- B.Sc. - Chemistry and Biology, Houston Baptist University, Houston, TX.
- MBA - Finance and International Business, Rice University, Houston, TX.
- OPM - Owner / President Program, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA.
Extensive experience as shipbroker, shipping finance arranger and vessels appraiser in the tanker, dry bulk, containership, offshore markets, both internationally ("blue water" and open registry) and domestically ("brown water" and Jones Act assets). International footprint and network. Experience with business valuations, marine and intermodal asset appraisals, including forensic appraisals, international appraisals.
Widely published and quoted in the international press such as the Financial Times, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist NPR, etc
Most recent experience acting as Liquidation Trustee for two pelagic purse seiner fishing vessels in Majuro (Marshall Islands) by order of the High Court of the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
Marine , Maritime, Shipping - tankers, dry bulk, containerships, offshore, tugboats, barges, Jones Act, American flag, fishing vessels, drillships, tank barge, tow boat, tow-boat, push boat, push-boat, yacht, mega-yacht, pleasure boats, offshore wind, port equipment, intermodal, port cranes, RTG, crewboat, passenger vessel, cruiship, riverboat, New York, dredger, expert witness, marine surveyor, vessel inspection, DSV, diving support vessel, OSV, offshore supply vessel, inland, asphalt, M&A, MBA, finance, NAMS, shipbroker, leasing, FASB, equipment finance, ELFA, SEC, equipment leasing, keynote speaker, textbook, author, forensic, business valuation, expert witness, cash flows, bankruptcy, merger, estate, private company, publicly listed company, ABV, AICPA, impairment,