Basil M Karatzas
Founder and CEO of Karatzas Marine Advisors & Co.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) in the UK
- Member of the Baltic Exchange in the UK
- Member of the Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House) in the UK
- Member of the Harvard Club in New York
- Harvard Business School alumnus.
- B.Sc. - Chemistry and Biology, Houston Baptist University, Houston, TX.
- MBA - Finance and International Business, Rice University, Houston, TX.
- OPM - Owner / President Program, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA.
Extensive experience as shipbroker, shipping finance arranger and vessels appraiser in the tanker, dry bulk, containership, offshore markets, both internationally ("blue water" and open registry) and domestically ("brown water" and Jones Act assets). International footprint and network.
Widely published and quoted in the international press such as the Financial Times, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Economist NPR, etc
Most recent experience acting as Liquidation Trustee for two pelagic purse seiner fishing vessels in Majuro (Marshall Islands) by order of the High Court of the Republic of the Marshall Islands.